Supply Chain Solutions Here:
Rock County Offers The Solutions You Need
Rock County, Wisconsin can optimize your network and offer supply chain solutions to increase your company’s bottom line.
Rock County, Wisconsin: Just-In-Time Connections
As the anchor of the I-39 Logistics Corridor, ROCK COUNTY’S advanced transportation network — complete with air and rail services — provides timely domestic and international marketplace access as well as exposure.
Rock County has the connectivity to position your products for domestic, as well as international, market access and exposure.
- WISCONSIN ranks 1st nationally in the amount of outbound trade, with nearly 80 million tons annually.
- WISCONSIN ranks 1st nationally in the amount of inbound trade, with nearly 100 million tons annually.
- ROCK COUNTY ranks 6th in Wisconsin with 152 transportation and warehousing companies, and provides jobs for 2,281 people.
- WISCONSIN ranks 8th nationally in Class I railroads.
- WISCONSIN ranks 8th nationally in the number of trucking companies.
- WISCONSIN ranks 9th nationally in truck transportation employment.
- WISCONSIN ranks 12th in total public road mileage within 114,142 miles.
- ROCK COUNTY’s Southern Wisconsin Regional Airport offers air cargo, charter and corporate aviation services 24/7, 365 days a year by providing precision instrument approach systems and an FAA-operated control tower.
- ROCK COUNTY is served by three railroads: Union Pacific Railroad, Wisconsin & Southern Co., and Canadian Pacific Railway.
- ROCK COUNTY is within a 90-minute drive of Madison, Milwaukee, Rockford, and Chicago.
- ROCK COUNTY has 6 million people within 100 miles.
- ROCK COUNTY has 25 million people within 250 miles.
- ROCK COUNTY has 70 million people — nearly a quarter of the entire US — within 500 miles.
Rock County, Wisconsin: Timely Freight Movements
- WISCONSIN is a national leader in logistics with extensive interconnections for both domestic and international commerce and offers a substantial competitive advantage to manufacturers and distributors.
- WISCONSIN offers close proximity to the major markets of the Midwest and Canada with its strategic Upper Midwest location.
- WISCONSIN does NOT have toll roads!
- WISCONSIN is within 500 miles of 31% of all manufacturing operations in the United States.
- WISCONSIN’s I-39/I-90 corridor is one of the most connected stretches of interstate in the country, connecting both the northern and southern interstate clusters.
- WISCONSIN’s I-39/I-90 corridor, on a daily basis, is responsible for moving freight valued at $600 to $800 million dollars. An estimated 1.25 billion tons travels throughout this corridor annually.
- WISCONSIN has seen a 160% increase in the demand for freight tonnage.
WISCONSIN has nearly 250,000 people employed in transportation and transportation-related industries.
- WISCONSIN has more than 3,600 miles of freight rail network, as well as a state and federal highway network of more than 12,000 miles that carries nearly 75% of commercial traffic in the state.
- WISCONSIN’s University of Wisconsin-Madison offers one of the top supply chain management programs in the nation.
Join the Movement: Add your company to the growing list of fulfillment, 3PL and distribution firms that benefit from a Rock County, Wisconsin location.
Blackhawk Transport Inc.
Blain’s Farm & Fleet
Chambers & Owens
Kaiser Transport Inc.
Menlo Worldwide Logistrics
Save a Lot
Rock County, Wisconsin: Transportation Focused
WISCONSIN is within 500 miles of 31% of all manufacturing operations in the United States.
Why Are Companies Choosing to Locate in Rock County, Wisconsin?
KAISER TRANSPORT, INC. is just one example of the many companies on the growing list of fulfillment, 3PL and distribution firms that are choosing to locate in Rock County, Wisconsin. An LTL, step-deck trucking company, Kaiser specializes in hauling machines and equipment along with other step-deck, flatbed and double-drop freight with terminals in Los Angeles, CA and Janesville, WI.
Kaiser chose Rock County specifically for its transportation and logistics efficiencies. The county’s business/industrial parks are within five minutes of an interstate interchange and the congestion levels are considerably lower than other regions throughout the Unites States. These two factors enable transportation providers to access a 24-hour in-and-out-bound shipment window without compromising the CSA 2010 mileage regulations.
Kaiser Transport provides transportation services throughout the continental United States, as well as the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec.
Rock County, Wisconsin: Optimize Your Network
A variety of excellent private and public post-secondary educational institutions ensure an available and qualified workforce. WISCONSIN’s University of Wisconsin-Madison offers one of the top supply chain management programs in the nation.
• Located at the I-90/39 & I-43 Corridor.
• Close proximity to larger markets such as Madison, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Rockford and Chicago.
• Multidirectional rail systems exist throughout the region, providing direct access to intermodal and port facilities.
• Regional airport featuring three multi-directional runways.
• Population density of 20 million people within a five-hour radius.
• Diversified real estate portfolio – ranging from available build-to-suit sites to existing buildings.
• Sustainable construction, management and processing is an area focus.
• Permitting in as few as 30 days.
• Competitively priced, reliable and right-sized utility infrastructure.
• Excellent workforce with specialized skills and technological capabilities.
• Generous business incentives and training grants.
For more information, please contact:
ROCK COUNTY DEVELOPMENT ALLIANCE
51 S. Main St.,
Janesville, WI 53545
CITY OF JANESVILLE
18 N. Jackson St.,
Janesville, WI 53547
CITY OF BELOIT/GREATER BELOIT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORP.
100 State St.,
Beloit, WI 53511
51 S. Jackson St.,
Janesville, WI 53548
We have identified other key industries in our region; Advanced Manufacturing, Food Processing and Technology, Healthcare, Business Services &Technology, Real Estate & Development Opportunities, Value-Added Agriculture