Northern Illinois & Southern Wisconsin Economic Development Business Resources
With the U.S. now reporting a number of COVID-19 cases, it’s important that businesses of all sizes and sectors continue to monitor the situation and are as prepared as possible with trustworthy resources and information. The Greater Beloit Economic Development Corporation has compiled the following COVID-19 resources for businesses to reference. The following list provides a quick listing of various financial and technical COVID-19 resources that are available (or will be in the near future). While not intended to be all-inclusive and comprehensive, this list does offer information regarding some of the more pressing or top-line COVID-19 topics. Therefore and in consideration of the fluid nature of this topic, this resource list will most certainly change; we will continue to add resources as they become available.
Unless otherwise indicated, all documents are in PDF format. In order to view them, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download the reader, click here.
If you are viewing this site on a mobile device, you can download Adobe’s Reader for Mobile Devices here.
- Governor Evers: Safer at Home Order
- State of Wisconsin COVID-19 portal
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Rock County Public Health
- Beloit Health Systems
- City of Beloit COVID-19 updates
- Beloit Business List Updates
- The GBEDC is currently limiting in-person contact to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to the public, investors, volunteer, and our staff. All Committee meetings will be postponed until further notice. We will continue to respond to our investors and business inquiries so feel free to call or email Andrew Janke for assistance.
- WMC: Coronavirus Resource Center
- U.S. Chamber: Guidelines for businesses
- U.S. Department of Labor: Coronavirus Resources
- WI Dept. of Workforce Development Employer / Employee COVID-19 FAQ’s
- OSHA: Guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19
- American Society of Employers: FAQs for potential HR issues arising from the Coronavirus
- R&R Insurance Services: Insurance considerations
- IRS-Coronavirus Resources
- Institute for Business & Entrepreneurship
- WEDC 20/20 Small Business Grant Program
- U.S. SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Facebook Small Business Grants
- Gener8tor Emergency Response Program
What Employers Can Do
- Encourage employees to request an absentee ballot for the April 7 election
- Donate unused/packaged N95 masks
- Post your hours of operation for free at shoplocal.fm.
If there are ways the GBEDC can help, questions you have or best practices you would like to share about how your organization is responding to the current situation, please contact Andrew Janke.